Uniform Section Linings are similar to traditional concrete slope paving. They create a solid, high quality concrete lining with a relatively low hydraulic resistance and uniform cross section.
- These linings are used to reduce the infiltration or exfiltration of aggressive waste and chemical fluids into or out of open channels and basins.
- They are also used to reduce exfiltration in arid regions where open channels and basins require watertight linings.
- Uniform Section Linings are resistant to leachate and most chemicals.
- They protect geosynthetic liners from mechanical damage, exposure to UV light, and freeze-thaw cycles.
- These self-supporting, high strength linings permit construction on steep side slopes and replace the conventional use of clay or sand as liner protection.
- Placement of the forms and concrete filling can be performed without the use of equipment on the liner as tensile strength and abrasion resistance of the fabric protect the liner from the pumped concrete.